Monday, April 2, 2012

BlueZooAquatics.com

Opening thoughts – They are a very good runner up or maybe even as good by their own. They got some good prices and sales! Also I think their a bit better then LiveAquaria.com with Mantis Shrimps.

Customer Service & Knowledge – They’re customer service representative at the time, was this nice lady. I think the woman mentioned that she use to work with LiveAquaria.com. She said they were like them but they wanted to give a more personal Customer Service. She was very helpful and was willing to help in anything that I needed. However, that was years ago and something changed about them. The ‘personal’ touch I was use to had toned downed, however, hasn’t changed too much in their service.

Today’s BlueZooAquatics.com gives an impression that they have a smaller Customer Service team. I have emailed and or spoken to the same group of people. Unlike LiveAquaria.com there is always a different person and never the same one. Again I like talking to the same person(s), to me it builds trust. Shrugs. The guy I seem to always speak to now his a bit rude. Or blunt. His okay to speak to…tolerable but most importantly the bottom line is if there is any problems with your order, his accommodating.

(52%) Mantis Shrimps – From there website they seem Knowledgeable about their stock and to my opinion about the same as LiveAquaria.com. They have some kinks to work out on… Like, I called to ask about a Lysiosquillina maculata…wanted to know about its exact size and what gender it might be. I mentioned to the guy I spoke to, that I was looking for a male for a pairing project. He said that BlueZooAquatics.com are in to things like this and would be willing to help. I mentioned to him that I have email about that Lysiosquillina maculata that was listed. He said that the stock department gets a lot of emails and that eventually they will answer in due time. He also gave me an option to be forwarded to the stock department by phone. The person never picked up and I left my inquiry. I never got a reply, ether by email or by phone. Another instance was I was asking for additional pictures for an item I just bought from them. I did get a reply back from the stock guy, stating he would send one over the following day. However, I never got a picture.

They’re knowledge about Mantis Shrimps are about the same to LiveAquaria.com. Their was another purchase I made that they listed another ‘possible’ Gonodactylaceus glabrous. I like that BlueZooAquatics.com mentioned that they were unsure. Vs. those other sites saying it is, when in reality it isn’t. The Gonodactylaceus glabrous as it turned out to be a Pseudosquilla ciliata. Based on that, I take it they don’t know much about Mantis Shrimps. Plus I can’t really confirm their knowledge as I can’t contact their stock representative. Shrugs, I’m put off about companies that don’t communicate with their customers. However, if there is any problems with your order, they are accommodating. I still like them as a company. I would order with them again and still do but I won’t expect them to answer any of Mantis Shrimp questions.

Availability & Variety – Fish, Inverts, & Corals they have a good amount of choices and they have a WYSIWYG that they call Collector's Choice. Where I often visit as they give a nice selection now and then.

(87%) Mantis Shrimps – They actually get a lot of Stomatopods, which is a bonus. Provided that they can properly identify it and those they can are often these species. Gonodactylaceus glabrous, Gonodactylaceus ternatensis, Gonodactylellus viridis, Gonodactylus chiragra, Gonodactylus platysoma, Gonodactylus smithii, Lysiosquillina maculata, Odontodactylus scyllarus and Pseudosquilla ciliata. They get them fairly somewhat available… I say this cause they do get it a bit more often then LiveAquaria.com.

Pricing – I like their pricing ::: Smiles ::: most of the time their pricing is amazing. Some of their Corals can get expensive too and if anything doesn’t sale out, they reduce the price. 

(91%) Mantis Shrimps - Especially on the Mantis Shrimps but for the more common one that are more sought after can get pricy but not by much.

Policy & Procedures – Not sure if they offer holding animals, however, they do have an option when you want your order shipped. I think that’s better then nothing. They have a 7 day guarantee, half of LiveAquaria.com. If anything should die a photo and rarely the body is required to get store credit. This is valid for one year. They will only give refunds when something form your order goes out of stock. Sometimes if there is an issue with the carrier, FedEx. BlueZooAquatics.com would possibly give a offer a discount for the inconvenience. (At least once as I recall for me).

Packaging & Shipping – I don’t know why, shrugs. With BlueZooAquatics.com’s FedEx is better compared to LiveAquaria.com shipping with FedEx, lol. It’s the same carrier but I get no issues with them when  it comes from BlueZooAquatics.com. They have a flat rate of $39.99 for overnight by 10:30am. I’m never disappointed.

They package your order pretty well, not as extravagant as LiveAquaria.com but it gets your live stock safely to your door! Plus they give out a FREE Care Package. Its basically four things, 1. Acclimation Guide, 2. Drip Line, 3. Stress Guard sample and they're Blue Zoo Mix food sample. (Lately, they haven’t been adding this package with my last two orders.)  

Advertisement – I like their website more then LiveAquaria.com, its simple and CLEAN. Easy to navigate through, however, the photos I wish were higher resolution. Design wise I enjoy looking at it promotes they’re company well. No FaceBook that I know of.

Conclusion – I get most of live stock ether by them and LiveAquaria.com. The prices and sales are more likely better. They get in Mantis Shrimps more often and are better priced. I enjoy the selections in the Collector's Choice. I still highly recommend them :)
Mantis Shrimps(76.67%

No comments:

Post a Comment